Red Dog

Red Dog

Monday, April 8, 2013

Bella, Dragonslayer


My friends Bella (Golden Retriever) and Dutch (Beagle) came to visit a couple of weeks ago. They're cool. Ok, they wear me out a little (I'm 13 years old, for crying out loud), but they do keep me hoppin'.And I get lots of extra treats when they're here because Auntie Dana is as big a schmooze as Dad. I love that. :)
While they were here, Bella decided to rip apart a stuffed dragon. OMG there were pieces of stuffing all over the living room floor. I thought Mom would throw a fit, but she only made a couple of smart alec remarks and walked away. She said something about it being a fitting sermon.
Apparently "Bel and the Dragon" is one of the books of the Apochrypha (noncanonical part of the Bible).It's about some dude who fights the dragon and wins the battle. I think Bella won this battle too. The stuffed dragon went in the garbage when the humans cleaned up later. It's kind of like all humans need to take out the trash, and a lot of the trash is from battles with the devil-dragon. No matter how fierce the battle, any leftovers should be trashed. All humans should do that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment