Red Dog

Red Dog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Love and Marriage

My doggy friends Dutch and Bella are here for their Mom and Dad's wedding this weekend. I do love having them drop by, even though Dutch the beagle is a food thief.

I have some thoughts on marriage today. I watch a lot of people come to our house and even when they drop by the neighbors. One of the most lovely things is when even older people hold paws (I mean hands, sorry). There is something about showing intimacy with each other that warms my heart.

I also note that some couples grow apart. There's still obvious love there, but they stop touching each other.That's very sad. It's like petting your dog- if you stop doing it, it means something.You've grown tired of their faithfulness, their unconditional love. You want another dog. A new one. Something better. That's not the way it should be. Love should be rekindled all the time. If it isn't, eventually it will fade away.

All my love to Dana and Chris, and thanks for not stopping those pets. It's a joy to see people love each other...and all the dogs in their lives too!

No comments:

Post a Comment