Red Dog

Red Dog

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Relatives

Have you ever noticed that when relatives come to visit things go a little crazy? No different at our house. Dr. Dana came to visit Mom 1, Mom 2 and Dad last week. She brought with her two really cool friends: "Bella" the Golden Retriever mix, and "Dutch" the Beagle. Now they're significantly younger than me, but it was fun to have them around. I did notice, however, that Dutch is an eating machine. For such a little guy, he pigs out on any food he can stick his sensitive nose in. Beagles are scent hounds...and boy, does Dutch know where to find that smell of food. He followed everyone around in the kitchen nearly every waking minute, begging with those handsome dark eyes. And frequently he'd eat MY food! He's lucky I'm not a German Shepherd or he'd have been lunch. Bella, on the other hand, was mellow and gentle. She just didn't react to much of anything. Which I loved. I sniffed her, followed her around, and in general got along famously. I liked her a lot. Do ya think Dana would let me keep her? Probably not. Woof. It's lonely around here without Riley Sue. I enjoyed my relatives. I feel bad for most humans; when relatives come to visit they tend to get cranky. I'm glad my Mom and Dad enjoy people enough to tolerate their little issues. And they tolerate mine, so I know they love both people and us animals. That Mom would work out a way to feed all three of us at once while they were here was amazing. I also noticed that she could get Dutch the beggar to sit and back up a little with one "chush" and a finger snap. That made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment