Red Dog

Red Dog

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Destiny

This is an excerpt from Mom's new book- with my comment at the end. I really am smart, but some people seem to think all I do is sleep. Ok, I do sleep a lot. Mom says I chose all the wrong places to snooze. Like the hip hole that I dug by the roses bush in the backyard. The dirt is soft and cool, and there's built in shade- what more could I ask? Well, dog treats of course.
Enjoy her excerpt!

______

Excerpt from "The Dog Paw Chronicles" by © D. Faye Higbee 2011 published by PublishAmerica.net


Lipizzaners

His wobbly legs only held him up long enough to sway for a minute and then buckle. He fought his way back up on the narrow spindles. A black foal, freshly born, still wet from his mother’s birth canal. He was the tiniest package of miracle I had ever seen.

The little creature stumbled around his stall like a drunken sailor for several minutes until he finally got his “sea legs.” This funny little horse would one day bring audiences to their feet as he danced around an arena on his back legs. His black countenance would be transformed into white perfection, as the shaky past fell away into choreographed destiny. How fitting it was to see destiny play out in the Royal Lipizzan stallions. From the tears shed in a movie to tears shed in the stable in Vienna, that birth was a true miracle of redemption and destiny that I will never forget.

Comment by Red Dog:

Destiny is often created by miracles. By God’s hand the Lipizzan stallions were saved from annihilation. God saved your life, you saved my life. Our lives connect on a level far beyond what our eyes see. We don’t know, as we traverse this life, what lies beyond our present circumstances. But we are all destined for a purpose, whether to dance or to write. I hope that all the readers will find their portion of that destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment