Red Dog

Red Dog

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Taking Care of Business

As you all know, I'm diabetic. Every morning at around 4 something, Mom gets up and gives me my shot with some breakfast. Every evening about 12 hours later, she gives me my shot with dinner. she is really faithful about it. I know she's helping me, even though sometimes it really hurts. She always takes care of business.

There are a lot of people who can't do that much work for even people, let alone an old dog like me. So I thought I'd ask you this- if a family member of yours got sick and needed shots everyday, would you do what was necessary to preserve their life?
What about an animal? If it was a normally healthy pet, would you help them or just put them down because it was inconvenient?

Life is full of unexpected turns. If humans don't help each other, or even help their pets, then there is a heart issue that needs to be addressed. The Bible says that the "tender mercies of the wicked are cruel; but the righteous (good) man takes care of his animals." If people can't take care of their pets, then they probably can't take care of each other either.

As a pet myeslf, I think that love is a two-way street. If Mom takes good care of me, then I will be there for her. Of course if a burglar has treats, he might get the TV before I bite him. That's fair, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment