Red Dog

Red Dog

Monday, December 19, 2011

Christmas Wisdom

Now that Mom has started typing for me again, I can bring you some Christmas wisdom (sorry, I just can't seem to get my paws to work on her computer keyboard).

We all need to remember what Christmas is all about. It is NOT about dog treats stuffed in a stocking. (I like that of course). It's about forgiveness. Yes, half the time I'm preaching to the choir, but Christmas is all about forgiving people. It's why Jesus came!

Many years ago, Mom had a neat dog that could talk. (Not like me,but close). His name was Rex and he spoke to her Uncle when he came to the back door with "Hi, Rich." Special dog, huh?

Soon into the family Christmas celebration, Mom's cousin Chuckie accidentally caused the dog to be drowned in the river. Mom was devastated. Did she hold a grudge? No, she forgave him. Important to do. The incident stuck in her heart to this day, but she never ever said anything bad about Chuckie's mistake.

I have to forgive RileySue a lot around here. I want to bite her, but most of the time I just ignore her. She does bite me on occasion, not too much. Anyway, I forgive her because she's a Diva and has very little manners. So my advice today is please forgive everyone this Christmas. It's Jesus' bottom line reason for the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment