Red Dog

Red Dog

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Company

We've had several guys staying at our house lately. I think Mom is overloaded. She's doing laundry everyday now, and since the vacuum broke, she had to borrow one from her friends. Huckleberry leaves all over the floor, branches stuck in the pant pockets, leaves on RileySue's coat, dirt, coffee spills, cigarette butts...she's not even yelled at anyone yet. Wow, that takes some self-control!

Me, I love the company. Austin, the teenager likes to pet me and I just love him. I'd like to sleep beside him, but since they've got all their junk on the floor there's no room for me to sleep there. He even plays with RileySue until she has to limp back to lie down by my Dad's chair.
He's great!

You know, humans need patience when dealing with other humans. I've noted that there are always places where people can get mad or complain. But I think God expects people to overlook some of those little things. An old friend of Mom's once asked "Is it a big e nough hill to die on?" And that's a good rule to remember.

With all these men in the house, Mom has her work cut out for her as she tries to spend her days writing, doing errands, trying to keep the house and cook. But with a little patience, she can keep going no matter what comes her way.It works for everyone, even dogs. If I got upset at everything Riley did, I'd probably give myself a heart attack. So I just ignore most of it. Easier on my blood pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment