Red Dog

Red Dog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Marvel of Friendship

We've had a guest over the weekend, my friend Micah.(Mom and Dad's daughter-in-law's dog). He's a border collie mix, and way too smart for his own good. And he's still a puppy.

While I can play with him, he does wear me out. He's less than a year old and I'm almost 12, so he wipes me out right away. But he's a fun friend. We don't fight, even when he snitches my treat right out from under my nose. My other friend Riley bites when that happens. In fact, she's taken chunks of my fur if I happen to snag a treat she's left lying around. For some reason, Micah isn't built that way.

For dogs, behavior is a training issue. For humans, on the other hand, it's a choice issue. Mom and Dad have some great friends. They're all really good to me and I just love getting pets. And they are good to each other too. But I know of some people who are constantly trying to use one another or be nasty at just about anything. I've met some humans who are always having trouble with their "friends" or relatives or neighbors or co-workers. They either haven't been properly trained, or their choices aren't good ones.They seem to want everything in life to be their way, or they can't overlook the human problems common to all people. Even I don't get THAT choice, and I'm pretty spoiled. Those humans need to look at the heart, not the stuff on the surface!

Real friends have fun together, and they don't fight all the time. They can talk about anything without judgment or bad things happening. They can share a treat without causing an uproar. Oops, that one was about dogs, sorry. Like me and Micah. We can overlook the other's problems and just get along. I hope all of you have real friends that can share your life without harming each other!(That might be a real good lesson for that Congress-President thing too, by the way.)

Humans are sooooo complicated!

No comments:

Post a Comment