Red Dog

Red Dog

Friday, June 17, 2011

Sleeping Dogs and Cranky People

So here I am at rest behind my bush.

This is the most comfortable spot in the yard. Yeah, I know it's messy. But it's also true that I like to sleep and not be disturbed.
And if you can't see me, you're not as likely to disturb me. But when you do, I don't bite. I'm not snarly like some people. I just yawn and stretch and move forward to get my pets/treats. Emphasis on the treats request.

I've been noticing that some people when disturbed get cranky. Even Mom and Dad sometimes make faces when bothered while doing something else. I don't think they mean much by it, but it happens. They seem to always be willing to take care of whatever the interruption is without complaint, which I appreciate. I've interrupted them frequently and they've never been mad at me.

But I have some advice for those who get snarly- maybe you don't feel good or maybe you're busy and get interrupted, just be flexible and do what needs to be done without being nasty. No biting! Bad people! Sit! Be nice!

If I can do it from a deep sound sleep, so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment