Red Dog

Red Dog

Monday, June 27, 2011

What Would Cesar Do?

People run into trouble sometimes and I try to tell them, what would Cesar do? That's Cesar Millan, by the way, you know the "Dog Whisperer."

Now, I know people aren't dogs. But I'm pretty sure I can help them out of jams.

Take Mom, for example. She made a huge mistake this weekend and inadvertantly got something really wrong. And the thing is, part of it was because she tried to rush it. Part of it was because she didn't know the whole story. But it really bugged her. She wanted to go hide in my spot under the bush in the back yard (no way, Mom, I'm not moving). She thinks she hurt somebody.

Cesar is always telling people to have good "body language" and confidence with dogs. Being a leader is about moving forward with confidence- and I think Mom's confidence got shaken this last weekend. The challenge for her is to move forward and not give up.

Cesar is always telling people to forget about the past and live in the moment, because dogs do that- with a little help. Mom needs to do that. You do too. You can't unscramble eggs. If you have things go wrong, you just have to do your best to fix it and move on. Every day has it's dog fights, or bee stings, so just keep moving! Don't sweat the small stuff. (I don't sweat, by the way, but people do).

Take a page from us dogs: every day is a new day. Make it the best you can. Don't dwell on the past. Look forward to your next treat with confidence. That's what Cesar would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment