Red Dog

Red Dog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Divas

My friend Riley is such a fox, but sometimes she is just plain noisy. She has never learned that to get attention, all you have to do is stare at the human. Look pathetic. Look sad or hungry or lonely. You don't even have to put your paw on their leg- just look at them and they melt all over everything. But Riley?

No, Riley is a Diva. She is vocal. She wants attention so she howls. (I suspect that my Dad is the problem there, as he loves to hear her howl.Sheesh).
If she can't get the howl to work, she scratches the human's legs with her paws. She'll get the ball even if it's out of reach and she won't stop until someone tells her to. She's very smart, but my goodness she's obsessed. When she's outside and wants back in, she scratches at the door. She's a Diva, plain and simple.

Me, I just roll over and they scratch my belly without all the falderal.And Mom likes me in the house, so all I have to do is stare at the door and she opens it. Easy, right?

You know, if you think about it, humans aren't much different than dogs, but way more destructive. When a human is a diva, they don't scratch on the door, they scratch other people. They are so prideful that they hurt each other with words and actions. A little humility would be nice there.

At least Riley never hurts anyone. (Well except the time she bit me when I tried to steal her rawhide chew. Hey! She left it lying around on the floor. What's a guy to do?)

No comments:

Post a Comment