Red Dog

Red Dog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Snow Day

Well, today was a snow day. I love snow. It was up to my tail by the end of the day, with a blizzard warning in effect (according to Mom's computer)for tonight. I suspect by tomorrow it's going to be a humdinger. Thank goodness I don't get cold much. I have lots of fur. Riley, on the other hand, gets crazy in the snow.I"m pretty sure she's cold, but you'd never know it by watching her.

Today she played every time she saw snow. If Dad shoveled it, she jumped and attacked it until her face looked like she had taken a dive into a flour bin. If Auntie Allison walked and kicked it a little, she thought it was a game.By the time they got back from their walk, Riley was so exhausted she could hardly walk and then STILL wanted to play in the snow. She's a little nuts. Cute, but nuts.

Me, I can only take so much. I love the snow. Mom and I walked today too, and I ate a lot of snow. It tasted great 'cause it was fresh like a snowcone!I like to play snowshovel too. I like to lie down in it. I do not like to have to walk through it to go potty. It's a chore to take my big body through the deep snow and try to find a spot where my backside doesn't drag the doodies back to the house with me. Mom really doesn't like that. Thankfully, today, Dad used the snowblower to swamp out a spot for Riley and me. I have the best owner (Dad) in the world!

You know, snow is one of those things to be thankful for. It's pretty, it's fun, it covers the plants so they don't die in the winter, and it's white. What would happen if snow was brown or black? Disaster, that's what. It makes everything so q-u-i-e-t, too. I love that part. It doesn't keep Riley from howling, however. There appears to be nothing I can do about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment