Red Dog

Red Dog

Friday, November 19, 2010

Human Health Walks

Today I took my Mom on an HHW- a Human Health Walk. We don't go as often as we should; I think she's a little chicken when it comes to bad weather (but don't tell her I said so). If humans understood how important dogs are to their health, they would take all of us dogs out of the shelters!

Today we visited Black Bay park in Post Falls, where we could walk by the Spokane River on a nice walking path. Mom thought it was cold, but it wasn't really. It was snowing, though. I LOVE snow. (The first winter I lived here, they took a picture of me in a snowstorm. I looked pretty snazzy in a heavy white iced overcoat. People don't know what they're missing by staying indoors during snow days). And nose-snow shoveling is really fun! If they only knew.

That park has GREAT smells, by the way. Lots of dogs are walked there, and some even run loose. I once met a couple of labrador retrievers that were a little out of control, but I made sure Mom didn't start any trouble.

Of course, the walk is really for Mom's benefit. SHE needs it. I wouldn't want her to become a diabetic like me. Both of us getting a needle stab in the morning and evening would not be good.

Anyway, today we saw some giant ducks. Mom says they were "Mallards"- I mean they were really really BIG! I wanted to chase them so bad, but Mom wouldn't let me. It would have been great exercise for her, but for some reason she wasn't as excited as I was about it. Maybe she has cut her calorie count down far enough today that she doesn't need the extra calorie-burn. Who knows?

Speaking of walks- I was proud of my neighbor friend Keisha the Malamute last night. She finally took her human for a walk. I was beginning to think their health was in jeopardy. That would be very bad!

At any rate, all of my doggy cousins out there remember: take your human for a walk daily. Even if it's snowing. We must take good care of our families!

No comments:

Post a Comment