Red Dog

Red Dog

Monday, November 8, 2010

Pleased to Meet You!

My name is Red Dog. I will be writing this blog to encourage you each week. Ok, my Mom will write it for me, as my paws on a keyboard are a little sloppy. She also says I drool on the keys, which messes up the computer. So she's going to do the typing.

The other day I did something very unusual. My Aunt Allison said she couldn't believe it when I actually barked at someone who came to the front door. I'm pretty easy-going normally and wouldn't hurt a fly. So I thought I'd let my family know why I sounded so gruff.

Great Pyrenees are bred as protectors of the flock. It's in my genes.And I know all of the sound of the regulars who come to the door. Most of the time I sleep through that stuff because Mom and Dad do the protecting at my house. My friend Riley Sue lives with us- she's a red colored border collie and not very good at protecting either. (She's pretty foxy, though.) So sometimes I have to keep a watchful eye. (But I refuse to go swimming, Riley, so I'll watch, you swim-- Unless you get in trouble, then I'm on it.)

The other day a new mailman came. He wasn't the usual guy (the normal guy Lou is really a nice man and I like him). This one had a different smell. His energy wasn't very good. And instead of using the doorbell, he just dumped a package at the front door and left. It was all very unsettling. So I barked. Really, I would protect the family if necessary. I just prefer to be a lover.

Riley and I went to the groomers the other day. Mom says we smell good now. It's important to have good hygiene, I guess. Although a fresh roll in some dead fish guts would be great once in a while. Mom won't let us do that. I don't know why.

You can ask me questions, or if you have a problem, I'm here to help.I have lots of experience in things. I was abandoned at the dog pound in Spokane, and it just so happened that my parents were searching for a new dog that day. So I got lucky. Many of my relatives aren't so fortunate.
So I'm all about redemption and rescue.

No comments:

Post a Comment